About Me

Hi!

I am Marika Simon and I have been teaching in the Sydney area since 2001. In 2018 I decided to take the plunge and start my Masters of Education in Teacher Librarianship at Charles Sturt University. I am christening this blog as I start to move my journey into teacher librarianship from theory to practice. As of 2019, I will be commencing the role of Teacher Librarian (TL) at a smallish primary school in Sydney – where I get to pass by the following view every day.

Note (October 2019): As I near the end of my Masters course, I have transferred my student reflection blog to this site.

Join me for thoughts both theoretical (as I continue my studies as part of a lifelong learning journey) and practical (as I get grooving as a practicing TL.) I look forward to your comments and thoughts.

When I am not studying or TL-ing I am likely to be hanging with my hubby, two high-schoolers, and black Labrador somewhere in Sydney’s Lower North Shore. Maybe we’ll see you around someday – come join me for the ride!

Back To Top
Skip to toolbar